This corset was developed in the 1960s at the hospital Raymond-Poincaré located in Garches, to meet the specific characteristics of paralytic scoliosis. It successfully reconciles several treatment objectives, in particular:
- Prevents the collapse of the trunk during sitting or standing position,
- Corrects spinal deformities,
- Slowed the aggravation of scoliosis over the years,
- Does not interfere with bone growth or chest development,
- Facilitates the sitting position and can thus contribute to the improvement of the child functional possibilities and psychomotor development.
It can be equipped with an adjonction stabilising the head/neck.
The parts covering the pelvis as well as the upper part opens completely, which greatly facilitates the donning of the corset.
The material, a type of Plexiglas, is transparent and thus allows the visual control of the pressures inside the corset.
- Brand: Fizic
- Product Code: Garchois brace
- Availability: Pre-Order